USCA Funding Reimbursement for 2016 Fiscal Year for Regional Training Seminar
Motion by: Sean O’Kane- Treasurer, seconded by Michele Scarberry, NBW, to approve USCA funding reimbursement for 2016 Fiscal Year:
Regional Training Seminar expenses up to $1,500.00 per region.
Regional Training Seminars are events intended to strengthen member knowledge and skills. These seminars are considered a service to our members and are not to be income producing events. The purposes of these seminars are to provide training and / or skills related to but not limited to the following:
- IPO Rules and Regulations
- Training for IPO events
- Training for conformation shows and breed surveys
- Training for track layers, helpers, and event staff as related to putting on USCA sanctioned events.
- Training for the betterment of the German Shepherd Dog.
Background: Regional Training Seminars have been very successful events the past few years. Regions hosting educational seminars have reported the events have been well received by our members. Regional Training Seminars may be held in conjunction with a Regional Championship, or as free standing events.
Educational Seminars must meet the following requirements:
- Seminars must be advertised on the website and open to all USCA members in good standing.
- Seminar participants must sign a waiver to hold USCA and the local hosts harmless.
- Regional hosts must submit an Educational Reimbursement Form to the Regional Director within 15 days of completing the event.
- Reimbursement amounts are limited to $1500 per Region.
- USCA has the final determination on reimbursements.
VOTE RESULT: 19 YES (Jim Alloway, Frank Phillips, Seas O’Kane, Carolyn Daniel, Michele Scarberry, Nathaniel Roque, Mike Diehl, Dennis Vander Linde, Laurie Coppola, Ron Fox, Jennifer Acevedo, Chris Thompson, Carissa Kuehn, Scott Hedger, Pedro Jimenez, Gail Kendall, Dena McGowan, Mark Scarberry, Don Yelle)
1 No Response (Hal Lymus)
Motion Carried: August 7, 2015