Select location for 2022 USCA National Show
EB Motion #04-22
EB Motion #04-22 – Select location for 2022 USCA National Show
Motion by Heidi Theis, USCA NBW, seconded by Michele Clubb, Secretary, to select the location for the 2022 USCA National Show.
#1 – Kenosha, WI
#2 – Matteson, IL
Background: Jorry Heinrich-Rode of Premier Planning Partners, Inc. located two possible locations for the 2022 USCA National Show. The BAC was unable to find a club that was willing to co-host the event.
The BAC reviewed the two options and feel location #1, Kenosha, WI is the better location due to possible fines that can be placed on USCA if location 2 is used and handlers do not pick up after their dogs.
Please vote Location 1 or Location 2 – voting is confidential
Location 1 Kenosha, WI
– location is very cost effective
– venue will do many extras, such as food, tents, porta potties (this will be helpful/crucial without hosting club)
– open area, not near residential homes
– Jorry has additional hotel info that is really promising (**added text below the e-ballot)
Location 2 Matteson, IL
– location is a lot more expensive
– USCA will be fined for dog owners not picking up after their dogs – if something is missed, this is a huge negative
– we would need to provide food
– this location is bordered by residential homes that may not appreciate barking dogs for 3 days
MOTION CARRIED WEDNESDAY, MARCH 16, 2022