Discontinue offering IPO Titles
EB Motion #39-19 – Discontinue offering IPO Titles
Motion by Nathaniel Roque, DOJ, seconded by Michele Clubb, Secretary for USCA to discontinue offering IPO Titles.
Background: During the transition from IPO to IGP many USCA members expressed a desire to maintain offering the IPO 1-2-3 titles for a couple of reasons.
- An overall concern that the new IGP titles were going to “water down” the overall dog sport due to the changes in some exercises. This has proven not to be the case and there is no significant difference in the requirements to earn an IGP title vs an IPO title.
- Because of the concern that IGP would be too easy initially the USCA Breed Survey requirements continued to require an IPO1 title or a higher IGP title of IGP2-3 to qualify for Breed Survey. This is no longer the case as the USCA Breed Survey requirements have been changed to match the SV breed Survey requirements of IGP 1-2-3.
- Since January 2019 there have only been a couple of IPO titles recorded in USCA trials. Just as with the AWD 1-3 titles members are not entering for them.
- IPO titles earned after 1/2019 are not valid with any other organization worldwide.
- Continuing to have the additional IPO rulebook and trial paperwork is confusing to some members and clubs.
Overall by dropping the IPO and only offering the currently accepted working dog titles of IGP, RH, HgH we are doing what every other WUSV organization in the world does.
YES: 19 – President Vadim Plotsker, Vice President Mark Scarberry, Treasurer Jim Alloway, Secretary Michele Clubb, DOJ Nathaniel Roque, NBW Heidi Theis, DAL’s Mike Diehl, Dennis Vander Linde, Alan Bartlson and Dr Gary McGillivary, RD’s Mike Sweeney, Robin Ayling, Don Yelle, Pedro Jimenez, Diane Vegsund, Hal Lymus, Dr Dena McGowan, Richard Shook and Teresa Cowart
NO: 1 – RD Debra Krsnich
MOTION CARRIED OCTOBER 20, 2019