Approve Temporary Selection Process for 2019 Universal Team
EB Ballot # 38-18
EB Ballot #38-18 Approve Temporary Selection Process for 2019 Universal Team
Motion by Heidi Theis,NBW, on behalf of BAC, and seconded by Michele Clubb, Secretary, to add temporary Universal Team selection process for 2019.
Proposed Changes for 2019 Universal Team Selection (changes in red to name of show calling it Regional Show and not Sieger Show/National Show, adding a validity time period, specific year for this process for the USCA GSD National Championship, and adding show performance test clause):
- The dog must be shown in a USCA Regional Show and 2018 USCA GSD National Championship.
- The dog must be at least G at a USCA Regional Show during time period June 1, 2018 – May 5, 2019.
- Performance phase C at 2018 USCA GSD National Championship will be in lieu of show performance test.
- The dog must be pronounced and at least G at the USCA GSD National Championship.
Point Selection Process will remain the same (changes in red to name calling it Regional Show and not Sieger Show/National show, also adding specific year for this process for the USCA National Championship):
- USCA Regional Show Dogs are awarded points depending on their placing in the adult working classes. The first place dog receives one (1) point. The dog in second place receives two (2) points, and so on until the last dog in the group of dogs declared for Universal Team.
- USCA GSD Nationals Dogs are awarded points depending on their placing at the 2018 USCA GSD National Championship. The first place dog receives one (1) point. The dog in second place receives two (2) points, and so on until the last dog in the group of dogs declared for Universal Team
- The highest possible score is two (2).
- In the event of several dogs achieving identical points (tie), the dog bred in the USA under United Schutzhund Clubs of America regulations will be favored over any other dog.
- If there is still a tiebreaker necessary, then the points received from the performance in the 2018 GSD National Championship will dominate the other points.
All other Universal Team Regulations will be the same for 2019. If approved, the above changes will be posted to the USCA website. New proposal is forthcoming for future years to avoid this situation again. Again, this is temporary ONLY for 2019.
The BAC has approved this selection process for the 2019 team selection.
Current regulations state dogs vying for Universal team selection must attend USCA Nationals and USCA Sieger Show or National Show. Due to polling by Sieger Show competitors, the EB decided to move the Sieger Show to Fall 2019 as that is the time period the majority of competitors wanted. Because of this, Fall 2019 falls outside the selection time period currently in our regulations for the Universal Team selection of National Trial 2018 and May 2019. We need temporary changes for the 2019 regulations for the Universal Team selection process to be valid.
YES: 16 – President Vadim Plotsker, Vice President Mark Scarberry, Treasurer Jim Alloway, Secretary Michele Clubb, DOJ Nathaniel Roque, NBW Heidi Theis, DAL Mike Diehl, Dennis Vander Linde, Gary McGillivary, RD Mark Chaffin, , Debra Krsnich, Pedro Jimenez Jr, Hal Lymus, Chris Thompson, Teresa and Dr Dena McGowan
No Response: 3 – RD DAL Alan Bartlson, RD’s Don Yelle and Carissa Kuehn
MOTION CARRIED DECEMBER 12, 2018