Addition of Maternal Family Class to USCA Show rules
EB Ballot #24-18
Motion by Michele Scarberry, NBW, on behalf of the BAC,second by Nathaniel Roque, DOJ to add the Maternal Family Class to USCA Show rules (the class will be included at the 2019 USCA Sieger Show),
Background: The BAC has unanimously approved the additional of the class Maternal Family to our Show rules. This class will positively increase our entries, also making clear the importance of inheritance from mother to daughter. The definition of a maternal family (at a breed show) consists of at least 3 animals minimum (dogs and/or bitches) from one kennel, which can be attributed to the direct dam line (maternal kennel name),
and must bear the same kennel name. (entry at the BSZS a maternal family consists of at least 4 animals) The female is the basis for breeding. Therefore, the importance of the maternal lineage
will now be given status/value. For the first time at the BSZS, the “Mother-Family Class” will be presented. The class will be presented by Margit van Dorssen and Helmut Buß. There will be no rankings.
- For registration purposes at the Show, the entry “Maternal-Family“ will be an individual registration form
- A minimum of 4 dogs entered from 1 maternal name – male or female – must be be presented. The dogs must come directly the from dam’s line and must have the maternal kennel name
- The Maternal Family may consist of either permitted coat type (SC/LC)
- The presentation and evaluation of Maternal Family is a separate competition. 50% of the participating animals do not have to be shown in their respective classes. However, registration applies for all animals entered
- All dogs must have the appropriate qualifications for their age in terms of titles, breeding surveys and HD/ED result
o Dogs over 2.5 years of age with no working title are not eligible
o Dogs over 3.5 years without a breed survey are not eligible.
o All dogs entered must be from parents that are titled/breed surveyed
o At least one of the dogs must be presented in the working class
- If a dog entered in the Maternal Family class becomes ill before the final evaluation, the breeder is free to continue competing or to withdraw the Maternal-Family. If the minimum number cannot be reached due to a dog falling ill, the Maternal Family cannot participate in competition
- The evaluation of the Maternal-Family will take place on Friday in the ring for Breeders Group. **The evaluation chart is noted on pg 5 from the link below
- Maternal-Family Class presentation will immediately precede the performance of the Progeny Group
- Participation in the Maternal-Family competition must be recorded in the catalog. All dogs that are part of the presentation must be listed individually, under the maternal name.
- A breeder may register several Maternal Families in the same event
For more detailed information on this class please read Helmut Buß article: https://www.schaeferhunde.de/fileadmin/BSZ/Documents/Artikel_E_SV-Magazin_05_2018.pdf
YES: 17 President Jim Alloway, Vice President Vadim Plotsker, Secretary Michele Clubb, NBW Michele Scarberry, DOJ Nathaniel Roque, DAL Mike Diehl, Laurie Coppola, Dennis Vander Linde, Gary McGillivary, RD’s Mark Chaffin, Pedro Jimenez Jr, Carissa Kuehn, Hal Lymus, Dena McGown, Mark Scarberry, Teresa Cowart, and Chris Thompson
No Response: 2 RD Don Yelle and Debra Krsnich
Motion carried September 10th, 2018